Thursday, August 4, 2011

Bye Koda Bear

Pieces of real conversation between Alyssa and me.

Mama, we need to wash Koda's blanket.
Well, baby, we're actually going to get rid of that one.
Then, we'll need to buy her a new one.
Baby, I need to talk to you.  Let's go snuggle on the recliner.


Nakoda in Nacogdoches 2003

Last night Nakoda got very very sick.  Mama took her to the doctor.  The doctor gave her medicine to make her feel better, but she was just too sick.  She died and went to heaven with God and the angels.
Was it doggie treat flavored medicine?
You know, I bet it was.

A freshly buzzed Nakoda moves to Katy.

Maybe we could go to heaven and get her.
No, baby.  We can't go get her.  I wish it worked that way.

About an hour before she was put down.  Sweet til the end.

We need to take her cage to heaven.  She needs her home.
Okay.  Daddy and I will make sure she gets it.
Is she still sick?
No.  God made her all better.  She's happy now and can look down on us from heaven.


Paw print keepsake from the vet.


Mama, I don't want just Daisy.  I want two doggies.
Maybe one day we'll get another doggie.
I miss Koda and Koda misses me.
I know.  Me too.

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying hard not to cry right now! I'm sorry for your loss and love Ally's sweet responses.

    ReplyDelete