Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Butterfly Effect

A commercial came on for Houston Ballet's The Nutcracker.  Ally dropped the dominoes she was playing with and started dancing.  We twirl a lot in this house.  It made me smile.  That big goofy smile that you can't wipe off your face.

I started dancing when I was 3 and continued through college.  I miss it terribly.  Every.Single.Day.  I was really good too.  I even thought about skipping school and becoming a professional ballerina.  I would've loved it!  I didn't though.  It got me to thinking about the Butterfly Effect.  The theory that something as small as the flap of a butterfly's wings can change the course of everything.  I love my life right now.  If there was some way I could go back in time, dance, and end up in this exact spot I would in a heartbeat. 

Hmmm...what could've been.

No comments:

Post a Comment