Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Names

My blog is currently titled Mama Bear and Her Cubs.  Our last name, Osborne, means bear.  Also, like most mothers, I became protective the instant my babies were born.  I will claw, scratch, bite anything that threatens my little family. I like names, the meaning of names, nicknames, etc.

My Monkey
Alyssa is called many things throughout the day.  Boo, Sugar, Baby, Ally, Ally Cat, Tornado Ally.  But she is most often called Monkey.  She was a little premature and like most preemie babies she was a little hairy.  She was also 5 lb 2 oz.  This tiny little thing clung onto me and wouldn't let go.  She still can climb me like a monkey climbing a tree.  Monkey just seemed appropriate.  And now she loves it!  It fits her perfectly.

My Turkey
James is my sweet baby.  He also gets called Little Man and Little Dude quite a bit.  When he first came home his arms and legs were all folded up like bird wings.   I said , "You look like a turkey"  and jokingly said we should put him in a roasting pan.  Then, I sang "Super Turkey," a song I learned in elementary school.  Well, Alyssa picked up on that pretty quick and James immediately became Super Turkey.  In fact, the other day I picked him up and said, "Hi, Boo!"  Ally said, "I Boo.  James Super Turkey."  So, Super Turkey it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment