Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Love Us

I read an article or saw some news story or something like that (I really should pay more attention to these things, but my babies ate my brain!) about relationships that really inspired me.  It was about your relationship with your spouse.  The main idea was for me to love Jonny and myself as one unit.  Not only do I love him, but I love who we are together.  I love us.

One of the best life lessons you can teach your children is how you treat your spouse.  They will see firsthand how they should treat their mates and how their mates should treat them.  I've always said that I want to raise boys who are truly chivalrous and girls who are strong enough to open doors on their own, but smart enough to find a man who'll do it for them.

Also, I have these little beings that totally depend on me to live.  Jonny doesn't need me to survive.  Sure, I make it easier for him to survive and much more fun, but he doesn't need me.  It'd be really easy for me to put our relationship on the back burner.

I love Jonny.  I love the family we have made together.  I love the person I am because of him.  I love us.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder! It's too easy to forget that our babies wouldn't be here without the love we had for our hubbies first! I will make sure to give Shaun and extra big kiss tonight when I see him!

    ReplyDelete