Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Biggest Baby

There is no doubt that Jonny is a great father.  I know my children are not only safe with him, but also entertained by him.  He is a very hands on father.

In my experience, actual care taking especially illnesses come much more naturally to me.  I think it's a mom thing. 

One of my favorite brand new baby James stories is when James was just a few days old.  Jonny was changing his diaper and like a lot of little boys James starts peeing...everywhere.  He's peeing on his own face, on his sister's face, on Jonny.  All Jonny can do is freeze and say, "You pissed in your eye, Little Dude!"  He never once tries to cover it or anything.  A lot of pee went everywhere!  It was so funny.  In fact, I was laughing so hard my c-section incision was hurting.

When Jonny doesn't feel well he is my biggest baby.  Starting Monday afternoon Jonny complained that his throat was a little scratchy.  Yesterday he was having some sinus pressure, but his throat was feeling better.  Today, he said his throat doesn't hurt at all, but his nose is stuffy and running like crazy.  He hasn't had a fever or any other symptoms this entire time.  A couple of weeks ago I had the same crud and I believe it was something in the air.  Baby James has had a runny nose all day.  Makes me believe even more it's allergy/weather related.  Jonny tells me he's going to stop by the pharmacy on his way home from work.  Great!  I think he'll get some nose spray and decongestant.  Nope!  He comes home with cough drops and NyQuil.  He took some NyQuil after lunch and has been asleep ever since.  It's 10:15 pm.  Looks like he's going to sleep all the way through until his alarm goes off.  Granted, his alarm goes off at 2 am.  At least I don't have to hear him complain that he doesn't feel well.   And in all fairness, he admits he's a big grump when he's sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment